Saturday, October 9, 2010

Today I am

One proud Doggy-Mama! In class today Panda won BOTH the sit-stay and down-stay contest! (The only two contests she had for us.) I was shocked and so, so happy. We have been working very hard every day. All the other dogs were up and walking around and Panda was still lying on the ground as I walked around him. After a while the teacher said “Ok, have him get up. He won a long time ago and he is going to stay there until you tell him to get up.” That’s my boy! I said I was a bit shocked that he did so well both times. One of the other ladies in class said “Are you kidding me? He is the best dog in class!”
I said “Oh, no I don’t think so but thank you.”
She pushed on “HE is! We (pointing to another classmate) have talked about it and we agree that he is.” A few others in class started nodding their heads. “Let’s vote. Everyone that thinks Panda is the best dog in class raise their hand.”
I looked around and everyone, including the teacher had their hand in the air! I still can’t believe my boy was spontaneously voted best in class! He has a lot of work that still needs to get done but I guess this proves how well he is doing.
The teacher said “Remember this dog on day one was shaking so bad you looked as if you wanted to run right out of class. (I really did want to run out!) Now look at him at the top of his class. Just think how far you can take him with a little more training”
So now I have made up my mind. Advanced obedience, here we come!
In other big Panda news he is off his anti-anxiety pills! I was told that could happen once he got training and it worked! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment