Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Glaucoma????

I took the dog to the vet today mostly just to get a checkup for Panda so I could get a refill on his meds but I also wanted then to take a look at Sophie’s eyes because I had noticed some cloudiness in both eyes. As soon as the vet walked in the room she made a comment about how puffy Soph’s eyes were. Several people have said lately how big Sophie’s eyes looked and I just kept saying “no they are always like that.”
The vet took some pressure readings, looked at them and said there is a very good chance she has Glaucoma. The cloudy spots are most likely blind spots leaving her with about 50% of her vision. I have an eye doctor appointment for her in two weeks (who knew there was eye doctors for dogs!?!) and until then I will just have to wait. Ugh! It doesn’t help I looked it up on the internet. Yikes, I should have listened when she said not to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment