Thursday, November 4, 2010

Carving a pumpkin in November?

Yep, that’s what I did at work today.
My sweat little B found a pumpkin under his bed just before nap and was very sad that it would be left out of the carving fun. Ok, let me back up. Yes, there was a pumpkin under his bed. B and S love to hide things under the bed. They also hide themselves under the bed. More than once I have come in after putting E down and thought the boys were out of the room, only to hear giggling when I start calling for them. Good thing we found it now and not in a few months.
His first plan was to save it until next year and carve it then. I then explained that even though another Halloween was coming it wouldn’t come for 360 more days. So? In 360 days the pumpkin would be a stinky, yucky pile and could not be carved. His conclusion? Let’s carve it now! Sorry kid you need a nap, after nap? Deal!
So after a good nap we carved the pumpkin, on November 4th. We roasted the seeds, put a candle in Jack and put him on the front porch, on November 4th. I guess to a four year old the date doesn’t matter. As long as they are happy, I am happy to go along with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment