Friday, January 14, 2011

My Poor Mother!

So a few nights ago my mom was over when I was heading out for a run at around six at night. It was dark out already and this is what went down:
Mom: “Isn’t too dark and unsafe to go running?”
Me: “Well, I haven’t been killed yet.” (Nice, I know.)
Mom: “Umm, err, ahh…. I am getting you those reflector things for running at night!”
I told her she could bring whatever she wanted but I wasn’t going to be wearing any of it. Simply not happening. She also sarcastically asked if I had darker cloths I could put on? I said yes, I could go put on a black jacket and pants if she wanted. (I had on a maroon jacket and dark gray pants.) Then the conversation took a turn I didn’t see coming.
My Aunt suggested I get pepper spray to take with me. I told them that was not going to happen either. Out of nowhere my Grandma suggested I get a hand gun. No joke. Again never, ever happening.
Later that night I was talking to my brother in Kuwait, telling him about our crazy family, and he had the best (and funniest) idea of all. Dylan said I should for sure get a hand gun with an ankle strap and then get an ankle weight for the other leg to just improve my work out. LOL!
Well, for the record I half lost my battle. The dogs now have a blinking light that hangs from their leash splitter. Better that nothing but as good as it’s going to get is what I told my mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment