Thursday, January 13, 2011

Things I never thought I would see (again)

Around a year and a half ago I made up my mind that once and for all I was going to shed the extra pounds and get healthy. And boy oh boy did I do it! My first goal was to get to a size 10, I started at a 16 and will finally own up to it even though it’s still hard to admit, by Christmas last year I had made it to goal number one. Next was to get to a size 4. This was a little harder and took more work but last summer I made it to that goal and felt SO proud.
After that my goal was to just stay fit and maybe tone up some. But the weight kept coming off. Not that I haven’t kept my healthy lifestyle and worked out like crazy but I am a little more lax than I used to be. A few months ago I couldn’t figure out why my pants weren’t fitting any more. I just couldn’t keep them up. Well duh! They were all too big. I went out again to get new ones… size 0! Shocker!
I was a size 0 in high school. I honestly never thought I would make it back to that size. Nor did I think I would look good if I did. The funny thing is I weigh 10 pounds more than I did at 16 put am the same size. I think this is because although I was super thin I wasn’t fit. I think the extra 10 is muscle and oh how I love it! I am proud of those 10 pounds. I love them! I never ever thought I could say I loved “extra” pounds but after this much work it is 100% the true.

No comments:

Post a Comment