Friday, March 26, 2010

Healthy cooking tip #1

So I read about this a while ago and was surprised how well it really worked. Instead of using oil when cooking things on the stove use Veggie Broth. (Or low sodium beef or chicken broth for you meat eaters.) I have tried it with both fajitas and stir fry so far and it works great! Instead of getting 120 calories per tablespoon with olive oil you get 5 calories for a cup of broth!!! I like to buy the broth that comes in a carton with a lid since you only need a little for each recipe. I got the organic vegetable broth for Trade Joes and it is only about $2, that is about the same price as the “normal” stuff anywhere else. Last night I made fajitas with the broth and put a little extra in so I didn’t have to add any water when I put the seasonings in. It gives it a ton more flavor and you will not miss the oil. Yummy!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment