Thursday, April 22, 2010

Going Vegan?

Not happily!!!
I have been having a lot of stomach issues lately not to mention the hives that come and go for what seems like no reason, so after intense stomach cramps for over a week (at first I was thinking it was a stomach bug but everyone around me had it come and go so fast I don’t think that what it was) I started thinking about what could be causing it. After talking to Dr. Mom and doing some research it kind of all clicked, it may be that evil, yummy, milk that is messing up my poor body! I have all the symptoms for lactose intolerance. When I was a baby I could not have any milk and I have never been a big milk drinker. Lately my milk intake has been much higher than it was in reason years and I have been living for cheese. Kind of explains things.
The only way to really find out if this is what is causing my problems is to go without any dairy for 2 weeks than try a little and see what happens. Great! Did you know dairy is in everything? It’s been 3 days, all my symptoms are gone. (Not good news for me!) I will keep this up for the 2 weeks and see but if this is my problem I am not going to be happy about it. Being a Vegetarian is hard enough if I can’t have dairy I am pretty much a vegan and that seems really hard and like a lot of work. Ugh! We will see I guess.

1 comment: