Thursday, April 29, 2010

Ok so I have to admit…

This vegan thing really hasn’t been so bad. I was a bit bitchy the first few days (that explains the last post!) but now I am feeling great! No more hives, stomach cramps, bloating, and so on.
So what have I been eating?
Mostly yummy stuff! I have tried soy and coconut yogurt and I liked both, the coconut milk one is good stuff! I love almond milk. Soy cheese is just ok. I even found a rice milk chocolate bar at PCC and that was really, really good, just to name a few things. Some other favorites so far...

Black bean salsa / salad. I made a huge batch. I can just toss it over lettuce for a light meal or warm it up with refried beans and add guacamole on top, it is super filling and is packed with protein.

These yummy artichokes. I have gotten 4 from the produce man in the last 2 weeks and I will go back for more tomorrow! They are huge; one is a full dinner for me. They are also packed with flavor, I don’t even miss the butter, just add a little salt to the heart and call it good.
















My snack / obsession. Nuts, mostly almonds and dried fruit.














I have even been able to bake. I made zucchini, sweet potato bread and orange cranberry scones. Both were a total hit. I used vegan butter, almond milk and fake egg and no one even knew! I tested them out on Sarah, Sreng and their kids and they were all shocked (after stuffing the faces) when I told them they were vegan. I am going to make the bread again this weekend, after much bagging I should add.
So like I said it really hasn’t been as bad as I thought. I have been trying lots of new things and that is always a good thing. In a few more days I will try dairy again and see what happens. For now I am a happy and content vegan! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment