Sunday, September 5, 2010

My f____ing dog bit me!

He bit me!
Today I was taking Panda out to go potty and Luke (Pandas long time nemeses, and one of the dogs we share a house with) ran towards him. He reacted by going back at Luke. This has happened a few times in the past and three times since the move. I pulled back on Pandas leash to separate them and he charged right back at Luke. I had the leash though so instead of biting Luke he got me. It hurt more than I can tell you. I screamed SO loud. I grab Panda and pinned him to the floor, while screaming all sorts of things. (Oops!) Sarah came running, grabbed Luke had someone put him in his crate, grabbed Panda and put him in his crate.
I became a sobbing mess on the floor. Not only was I in A LOT of pain but I was in shock that my sweet baby could have done this to me. I pulled up my pant leg to see blood all over my leg right above my knee. Sarah looked in shock and said “Oh, Shit!” She got me all clean and bandaged up. I was a mess… I still am. I went to Dr. Mom’s house so she could look at it. She re-cleaned it and put some numbing cream on it. Luckily I didn’t need stiches or any shots but it was a close call.
I know that he didn’t intend to bite me and never would have under normal circumstances but that doesn’t chance the fact that he did it. Honestly, this is the second time he has bit me going after Luke but it was by far worse this time. There are so many what ifs that scare the hell out of me.
I called around when I got home and found a trainer that specializes in dog-dog aggression and anxiety. She gave me a lot of hope that he could be “fixed.” Classes start next Saturday, we will be the first ones there. Until then anytime Panda leaves the room he will be wearing a mussel.

My battle wound.I have been told it will look much worse tomorrow... Great!

No comments:

Post a Comment